1) Marta wyjechała do Irlandii w poszukiwaniu lepszego życia. Tam poznała mężczyznę. W 2016 r. doszło do wypadku. Kobieta jadąc ze znajomym wpadła rozpędzonym samochodem do rzeki. Ona przeżyła, mężczyzna utonął. Sąd skazał ją na dożywocie za morderstwo twierdząc, że wjeżdżając do wody zrobiła to z premedytacją. Rodzina nie zgadza się z wyrokiem sądu.
‘Without “silver”… – Martha’s behind bars’ – this paraphrase of a quote of one of polish comedy groups, fits Martha’s current situation perfectly.
Ireland wants to forget about Martha already.
Martha is also no longer entitled to public defender – on Legal Aid.
And Irish GARDA wants to destroy and cover all the tracks.
Martha’s family is still fighting for justice and freedom for Martha.
On this level, legal battles are very expensive.
The family manages funds very sparingly.
1. The case was submitted to European Court of Human Rights
The application will probably have to be supplemented with expensive expert opinions.
If ECHR wants to look into Martha’s case, only then Martha will be entitled to lawyer reimbursment.
2. Martha’s case is being prepared for re-submitting in Ireland.
Elaboration about NEW FACTS in Martha’s case is being prepared.
NEW, not presented until now.
Two or three expensive expert opinions are necessary (at least two).
3. Underway is a search of Polish law firm, that would take care of Martha’s case, and her possible deportation to Poland.
All these 3 actions demand very large financial costs.
WE’RE ASKING VERY MUCH FOR HELP.
We don’t spend money senseless.
IF YOU CAN… IF YOU WANT… PLEASE… AND WE THANK YOU VERY MUCH….
There are few reasons and they are equally important:
1. Because there are too few of us.
2. Because we don’t have enough time for everything.
3. Because websites are a support for CURRENTLY needed legal actions regarding Martha’s defense.
The websites were created late, way too late.
And in fact, they were created “just in case”.
While entering a plane to Ireland, a decision was made to create the websites.
On October 11, 2017, a day before the verdict by the Court of Appeals.
“Just in case”… in case… The Court made an unfavorable verdict.
“Just in case”… On the day of announcement of the verdict in Ireland, in Poland a reportage of “TVN Uwaga” program was aired. Only thing that could change is a comment, depending on the verdict of the Court of Appeals.
“Just in case”…
Did we “open the door to disaster”?
Or maybe we have foreseen, that when there is such media campaign in Ireland against Martha, then nothing good can come out of this?
That there will be no way to talk about any justice?
The websites are a support for currently needed legal actions.
Those legal actions are various, on various stages.
1. Martha’s Case in the Central Court – AT THAT TIME all details regarding Martha’s case were needed – unfortunately, the websites didn’t run.
2. The Court of Appeals – analyzed only the procedural errors of the Central Court (the websites were started on the day of verdict announcement – again too late).
3. Supreme Court – complaint of constitutional nature 4. European Court of Human Rights – violation of human rights
The case can be resubmitted to the Court in Ireland if NEW FACT are to appear, NEW FACTS in the case.
So at the current stage, nobody in Ireland seem to care what really happened.
But the truth is important.
For the family of the deceased.
For plenty of people.
We don’t just want to satisfy curiosity.
The websites will run, and all the details of the tragedy will be published.
On this Thursday, November 29, at 9:30 p.m., TVP1 will air “Case for the reporter”.
Program lead by Mrs Elżbieta Jaworowicz.
One of three topics raised in the program will be Martha’s case.
You are welcome to share this information.
You are welcome to watch.
Short coverage about Martha’s case will be presented.
Next there will be a discussion in the group of invited experts.
What effect will this program have?
Will something happen in Martha’s case?
Will someone want to help in positively ending this tragedy after the airing of the program?
Will the program help in fundraising for court battles in Martha’s defence?
On what stage we will be after airing of the program?
Will it be the same as now? And only more people will know about Martha’s case?
What good will come after the program?
If we didn’t try, we certainly wouldn’t know the answers for these questions…
Alongside Martha we wait for airing of the program.
We will inform about effects…
How will this year end?
What else do we plan in upcoming time?
We present our nearest actions:
1. Change of the graphic layout of the websites pomocdlamarty.pl and helpformartha.org
2. Publishing of abnormalities in the investigation and in the trial.
3. Airing of the “Case for the reporter” programme in Polish TV (probable date is Thursday, November 29, at 9:30 p.m.)
4. Filling of missing abnormalities in the investigation and the trial.
5. Starting Frequently Asked Questions page.
6. Starting fundraising for two kinds of expertise needed to submit the case in Ireland.
7. Works for resubmitting the case to the Court in Ireland – NEW FACTS
8. Submitting the case to the Court in Ireland – NEW FACTS – January 2019
Martha is learning for high school exam, and we act.
May Martha could spend her life after high school exam free…
… We already have New Year wishes for 2019…
On Saturday, November 10, Martha was visited by her attorney, Frank Gearty.
The main goal of the visit was discussing the issues related with submitting the application to European Court of Human Rights.
Martha got acquainted with prepared application.
Martha, just as her family, agree with the application prepared by an attorney Frank Gearty.
This is probably the first document in Martha’s case that is “on the topic”.
Specific and factual.
Arguments used are convincing even for people not knowing anything about the law.
Because every human knows and understands what rights he or she has.
And feels when his or her rights, HUMAN RIGTS, were violated.
We thank to the attorney Frank Gearty for his very good work.
Martha signed the application to European Court of Human Rights.
She didn’t want to leave a copy of the document for her in prison.
We wanted to do this for a long time.
For a while we held back.
We didn’t want to disclose the personalities of people, who wish Martha well, and help her.
But now we can not hold ourselves.
We don’t take “secret” actions.
We have nothing to be ashamed of.
The reason to be ashamed have those, who have some powers to do something, but do nothing.
Injustice must be stigmatized, but noble actions need praise and thanks.
We do not always know everything, not everything we are capable to notice.
Please forgive us if we miss something.
But we at least start making our thanks somehow.
If we start now, then maybe we will miss less of important things.
And we would like to notice, appreciate everything, thank for everything.
We want to do it in some order.
Different people joined helping Martha on different stages.
They tried in many ways, and they try still.
We don’t want to forget about that.
There are people, who helped in exceptional way. No words can describe our gratitude for their actions.
There are people, who helped differently.
But help and nobility is not a thing that can be measured, weighed, compared…
We’re grateful to Everyone.
Because “there are more people of good will And this world won’t perish thanks to them” (words of a renowned Polish song) We want to start now, so we can manage to thank everyone… …before Martha… …will manage to get out to freedom…
…we will thank once more…
Let our Gallery be an encouragement for many other, sincere people.
(presenting names of people that are not public persons will always be only after getting the consent of the person we want to thank.
Sometimes we will present only a first name, and sometimes… we will leave a blank spot for filling in some other “better time”)
If you live in Ireland, and you would like to have some contribution in the production of a programme about Martha, than you have such possibility.
We urgently need any video recordings connected to the victims of the accident: Martha and the late Csaba.
Any recordings connected to where Martha lived or where she was working.
Any recordings of meetings in which she participated.
Recordings with the late Csaba would be equally important. All of his workplaces. Relations in his previous workplace. Recordings of his work on any of the cruise ships.
Recordings from the place of accident would be very important. Recordings from before 2013 would allow to asses the quality level of the barriers and the security of the wharf. Current recordings show how thoroughly the wharf was secured after the unfortunate accident.
What about the recordings undisclosed until now?
It’s the best time for sharing them.
Every detail may be very important.